Sunday 24 June 2012

Vogue Women

 
On this wonderful Sunday afternoon, I decided to venture into a second hand bookstore to see what I could find. My doubts had completely taken over, that was until I turned to leave and the word 'Vogue' caught my eye. There was no second guessing, and within a minute I was up at the cash register purchasing 'Vogue Women' by Georgina Howell. Princess Diana, Barbra Streisand, Grace Kelly, Iman, Catherine Deneuve, Twiggy and Diana Vreeland, are just a few of the amazing women featured in this book. It makes for a great addition to my growing collection of fashion books!

The many women featured in this book, are not only models, but women who exuberant the word 'Vogue'. "The prevailing fashion or style at a particular time," which is precisely what these women have done. All from different era's, these women set the standard in there time and were envied by men and women around the world. They were also women of pushing boundaries and not afraid of taking risks. I could not see my collection of books without this beauty.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment