Thursday 7 February 2013

#nyfw begins!

Nothing like New York Fashion Week to get you back in the blogging mode. This time I am back for good... anyways back to what is important, the FW 2013 collections!

February brings the Fall/Winter collections, and no doubt I woke up early on my day off to check it out. Nicholas K was my favorite this morning, the sibling duo brought oversized coats, draping, capes and some petite leather details. The goggle/glasses was the perfect touch, although very different from the large rounded glasses from their spring collection. The palette was packed with neutrals, charcoal, navy blues and with a forest green cape to die for. Oversized to perfection and a few capes are definitely going to be a trend this Fall & I am a-okay with that.  Here are just a few of my favorite looks from Nicholas K this morning:




cue the green cape.
a little cape obsessed.
loving the hoods.

Then BCBGMAXAZRIA hit the runway, and I was aw-struct by this gorgeous ensemble below. I am typically not a fur kind of girl, but the flow of this is absolutely impeccable in my eyes. From the beanie all the way to the high slitted white maxi, I am smitten.

LOOK #20
all above photos from style.com

Many thanks to Mercedes-Benz for making ever single show in the Lincoln Centre live during New York Fashion Week! I have been watching the shows all day and I will continue to do so for the next week. The come at the runway from a couple different angles, even zooming up close so those of us not lucky enough to attend can check out the small details too!

Snaps from the TADASHI SHOJI show!

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment