Wednesday 9 November 2011

The September Issue

“I think what I often see it that people are frightened of fashion. Because it scares them or makes them feel insecure, they just put it down. On the whole people that may say, demeaning things about our world, I think that's usually because they feel, in some ways, excluded or, you know, not a part of 'the cool group' so as a result they just mock it. Just because you like to put on a beautiful Carolina Herrera dress or a pair of J Brand blue jeans instead of something basic from K-Mart it doesn't mean that you're a dumb person. There is something about fashion that can make people really nervous.”
– Anna Wintour

The September Issue (2009)

Twice today I have watched The September Issue and I have to say, I may just watch it once more. It is hard to say whether the self-assured Anna Wintour or the brilliant one of a kind Grace Coddington is the star of the documentary. Many people say Grace stole the show, but I would call them co-stars. If you respect Anna Wintour and can somewhat understand that you need to be decisive and straightforward to do what she does, it balances it out. Yes, Grace Coddington shows a more energetic, warm side and I believe that is why people gravitate towards her. Regardless they are both amazing women who have helped shaped the fashion world into what it is today. This amazing documentary has become my go to movie, and it never disappoints.

No comments:

Post a Comment