Sunday 9 September 2012

FNO Toronto

This past Thursday, Fashion's Night Out took over numerous cities around the world, and Toronto happened to be one of them. This was the first year that Toronto participated in FNO, (been running since 2009) and I can honestly say that I was not blown away. There was a fashion show at one of the larger shopping centers, and a huge party at Holt Renfrew (who were coincidentally were celebrating their 175th). There was free popcorn, drinks and some pink bottled diet coke (the line was about 200 people long), but it just didn't even compare to the huge party happening at the same time in NYC. It is hard when you are walking through Toronto and reading tweets from New York, where Anna Wintour and Victoria Beckham are at Bergdorfs. Needless to say, I intend on going to NYC for Fashion's Night Out one of these upcoming years. Oh well! Hopefully Toronto is better next year!

On a better note - I am back in school, busier than ever and got a new job working in the fashion resource room at my school (Second Cup wasn't quite my thing)! Also with my new job I will have way more time to blog, and keep up with the wonderful fashion industry.

Here are some photos from FNO in Toronto - oh, and I realized I need to figure out how to work my camera better, much easier to date OOTD's, than take photos out and about. Excuse the blurry photos, and lack of focus.

xxx


3 comments:

  1. FNO is a fab concept, and it's amazing how it happens all around the world. I hope to make it to the London one next year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw that's a shame! Hopefully it'll improve seeing as this was the first one in Toronto! I MUST go to the London one some year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new job Em, I am expecting regular updates.
    Sorry FNO was a disappointment!

    Gems x

    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete